What makes a brand influential in the #BeautyTwitter world? What are beauty brands doing to engage consumers digitally as they’re forced to rethink traditional methods? And notably, how is the global pandemic shaping beauty trends in the new decade?
Twitter and Sprinklr partnered to answer these questions in the report: The beauty in Twitter. From July 2019 to July 2020 Sprinklr sourced the top 400 profiles and 250 hashtags in the beauty space using its Listening Insights in Sprinklr Modern Research and Influencer Networks capabilities in Sprinklr Modern Engagement. During this period Sprinklr analyzed over 7 million Tweets globally from influencers, brands and fans.
Here are five key insights from the report:
1. Being authentic and inclusive matters now more than ever before. #LGBTQ+ and #BlackTwitter are two communities at the center of the beauty conversation. Members of these communities leverage Twitter as a platform to amplify their voices, educating fellow influencers, brands, and fans on inclusivity. More than a third of the most influential Twitter profiles in beauty, sourced by Sprinklr Influencer Networks, identify with one of these communities. Rihanna’s own Fenty Beauty has high engagement on Twitter thanks in part to its inclusive marketing approach and product offerings that perform across all skin tones and types.
👉🏿👉🏾👉🏽 our range tho 👈🏽👈🏾👈🏿
— FENTY BEAUTY (@fentybeauty) November 15, 2019
2. #BeautyTwitter engages with what they can see. Brand Tweets that include photos more effectively resonate with audiences than other mediums and Tweet types. Of the top identified beauty brand profiles, Tweets containing only text are published 45% more than ones that include photos. However, Tweets with photos garner 5x more audience engagement.
3. The Pandemic brings au naturel looks to the forefront. As status quos shift across virtually every aspect of life, previous societal norms get fresh updates for the new decade. Influencers and fans have taken to Twitter to share their natural beauty looks and inspo using the popular hashtags #NaturalBeauty and #NaturalHair. During the first half of 2020, conversation around natural beauty topics increased 23% from the previous half of 2019. As winter swiftly approaches, beauty brands can better connect and engage with their consumers by aligning social content strategies with these paradigm shifts.
— june claire dontre (@clairewambui1) May 5, 2020
4. Audiences are changing. Gender identity and representation in the beauty space is no longer solely dominated by females. Of all the Twitter profiles joining the public beauty conversation, Sprinklr AI detected that 57% of profiles with identifiable gender were female and 43% were male. Beauty brands that diversify gender representation in marketing campaigns and broaden their product offerings will better resonate with emerging consumer audiences.
ALL BODIES ARE GOOD BODIES 💜 https://t.co/OjUdVynp8I
— ColourPop Cosmetics (@ColourPopCo) July 17, 2019
5. Keep it 💯 by cutting out the copy/paste—content is not one size fits all. ColourPop Cosmetics takes the lead as the most engaged with beauty brand on Twitter. ColourPop achieves this through harnessing movements within the #BeautyTwitter community and fostering honest conversation within their following. This continuous feedback loop provides insight into trends guiding content production and engagement strategies on Twitter.
Beauty brands big and small have the opportunity to be influential on #BeautyTwitter. The challenge is understanding #BeautyTwitter consumers and connecting with them in relevant ways. Sprinklr is helping major beauty brands like L’Oréal and Estée Lauder cultivate their voices and engage with consumers in a personal way, at scale. Through the power of Sprinklr’s Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform, brands can manage marketing, advertising, research, engagement, and customer care strategies on Twitter.
This report gives brands, influencers, and fans alike an unfiltered look into the foundations of beauty on Twitter. To learn more about the report click here and to learn more about Sprinklr’s capabilities, click here.
Here are the facts: 84% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation, and consumers are also...
From marketing to product development, customer feedback about your products is the lifeblood of your brand. But, the...
Ce site web utilise des cookies pour vous vous assurer une expérience de navigation optimale.OK En Savoir Plus
Diese Internetseite verwendet Cookies, damit Sie die Funktionen der Website optimal nutzen können.OK Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier
Este sitio web usa cookies para asegurarnos que usted reciba la mejor experiencia en nuestro sitio web.OK Aprenda más