Sprinklr Expands from Social Media Management into Customer Experience Management; Launches Extensions of its Experience Cloud for Marketing, Advertising, Research, Care, and Commerce — All on One Unified Platform
Global brands like Nike, McDonald’s, and Nestlé are using Sprinklr’s Experience Cloud to reimagine customer-facing functions for a social world where customers, not brands, are in control
For first time, the entire enterprise can collaborate on one unified platform for customer experience management (CXM)
New York, NY — April 11, 2017 — Sprinklr, the most complete social media management platform for the enterprise, today launched five extensions of its Experience Cloud with new solutions for each major customer-facing department — marketing, advertising, research, care, and commerce — all on the first unified platform for customer experience management (CXM). The announcement was made at Sprinklr’s Digital Transformation Summit, taking place April 10-12 in Nashville.
A new class of enterprise software purpose-built for a social world where customers are in control, Sprinklr is quickly becoming the underlying platform for customer-facing employees at 1,200+ global brands — companies such as Nike, McDonald’s, and Nestlé — to work together in real time across departments, markets, and silos and manage customer experience at scale.
Today, 89% of companies compete primarily on the basis of customer experience — up from just 36% in 2010. But while 80% of companies believe they deliver ‘super experiences,’ only 8% of customers agree.
The Opportunity: Social Has Made it Possible for Enterprises to Know and Serve Every Customer
When Sprinklr was founded in 2009, most enterprises thought the rise of social meant finding a way to manage the proliferation of new channels. Today, they’re realizing something more and seeing that social is really about managing the disruption caused by connected customers who trust one another more than they trust brands; who expect to be known and served on-demand and on their terms; and who advocate and criticize with equal and forceful power. How customers choose to apply that force is a direct result of one thing: the experience a brand provides at every touchpoint.
The Solution: Introducing Sprinklr’s Experience Cloud for Marketing, Advertising, Research, Care, and Commerce
Launched in 2015, Sprinklr’s Experience Cloud was developed as one unified platform made up of flexible building blocks that gave the world’s largest brands the ability to reach, engage, and listen to customers on Facebook, Twitter, and 23 other social channels. The architecture was unique, and so was the idea behind it: that enterprises could view social as an existential threat or an unprecedented opportunity — to create more human connections and deliver a seamless experience to every one of their customers across any channel, every time, at scale.
Today, Sprinklr’s Experience Cloud is being deployed across the enterprise with new solutions that provide the missing capabilities each customer-facing department needs to thrive in a social world where customers are in control. When legacy systems, such as email and CRM, are plugged into Sprinklr’s Experience Cloud, structured customer data that was previously locked away in siloed departments can be enriched with the human context that only social can provide to create a comprehensive view of each customer and a system of record for experience — one that recognizes them not as data points, but as a person.
Sprinklr’s Experience Cloud includes:
- Experience Cloud for Social — The cornerstone of Sprinklr’s Experience Cloud, consolidate point solutions with a unified platform to reach, engage, and listen to customers and deliver a seamless experience across 25+ social channels
- Experience Cloud for Marketing — Provide experiences that matter by understanding and engaging with customers as people, not data points. Deliver compelling content wherever your customers are, and connect with the advocates who can influence them.
- Experience Cloud for Advertising — Enhance customer experiences through comprehensive paid media planning, integrated audience management, and holistic reporting.
- Experience Cloud for Research — Translate the voice of your customers into better brand experiences. Capture meaningful, actionable feedback to understand what your customers are saying, why they feel that way, and instantly, empathetically engage.
- Experience Cloud for Care — Serve your customers to know your customers and build lasting brand love. Utilize a unified customer view, contextualize conversations, and case management to provide hyper-personal customer care that goes beyond mere service.
- Experience Cloud for Commerce — Unlock the power of social selling by influencing pre- and post-purchase decisions, bringing products to life at every touch point, and gaining valuable customer insights.
“Disjointed data. Siloed teams. Disparate processes. Point solutions. Unintelligent technology. These are the all-too-common enemies keeping enterprises from delivering seamless customer experiences across their organization. And it’s literally killing companies,” said Ragy Thomas, CEO and Founder, Sprinklr. “When technology isn’t designed to work together, neither can teams. And yet, that’s exactly what most companies are dealing with. They’re treating the symptoms, not the disease, with siloed software that has put walls around their ability to know and serve customers at scale. Being born in the age of the customer gave us a different perspective. It led us to build a new class of enterprise software from the ground up with one purpose: to reach, engage, and listen to customers, across every customer-facing department – all on the first unified platform for customer experience management.”
Analyst & Customer Comments on the News:
- “Today’s customers don’t care whether they’re talking to the marketing department or the care department. To them, there’s only one brand, and they demand to be recognized across the entire company as the same, unique individual,” said Charlene Li, Principal Analyst at Altimeter, a Prophet company. “When the customer doesn’t care about what department they are speaking with, why do brands keep customer data separated for sales, service and marketing? Sprinklr kept this in mind when it developed the Sprinklr Experience Cloud.”
- “People want to see companies humanized, which can be challenging for global brands, but the place to start is by listening and talking to customers at scale. Sprinklr has made enabling that strategy their bread and butter,” said Paul Matson, McDonald’s U.S. Director of Engagement & Customer Experience. “By increasingly bringing the voice of our customer into our business, we have given ourselves permission to reimagine how we approach insights and marketing – which is an important step to being a customer-first business. All-Day Breakfast was a perfect example. Through listening, we found validation for in-store demand to make our breakfast menu available all day long. And when it came time to launch All-Day Breakfast, we started by contacting the people that asked for it first, and they did all the talking for us.”
- “A key foundation of ‘Brand Building the Nestlé Way,’ a distinctive process that sets our marketing function apart in the industry, is that every contact we have with a customer should be a memorable experience,” said Pete Blackshaw, Global Head of Digital & Social Media, Nestlé. “We can’t achieve that goal without partners like Sprinklr, and we’re delighted with the progress many of our brands have achieved with their solutions, from social media listening and publishing to ratings and reviews.”
- Read more about Sprinklr’s Experience Cloud and its solutions for each customer-facing department here.
- For more information on this announcement and additional news, register for the livestream at and additional news at Sprinklr’s Digital Transformation Summit, follow @Sprinklr, and check out the the Sprinklr blog here.
Sprinklr is the first unified customer experience management platform for the enterprise. We help the world’s largest brands reach, engage, and listen to their customers on Facebook, Twitter, and 23+ other social channels for the purposes of marketing, advertising, research, care, and commerce. Sprinklr does all of that on one unified platform, which integrates with legacy systems and allows siloed teams to collaborate to deliver a seamless experience to every one of their customers across any channel — at scale. Headquartered in New York City with 1,400 employees in 19 offices, Sprinklr works with 1,200+ global companies including Nike, McDonald’s, Microsoft, P&G, Samsung, more than 50% of the Fortune 50, and nine out of ten of the world’s most valuable brands. Its partners include SAP, IBM, Microsoft, and many others across the CXM ecosystem. For more information, visit sprinklr.com or chat with us at @sprinklr.